We recommend the following:
• Following treatment your skin follicles will be open and the skin sensitive with the potential for bacteria to enter.
• Do not use any temporary hair removal methods for one to two days.
• To achieve the best results from your treatments keep up with appointments.
• If you do find small scabs or ‘brown tops’ do not pick them off as they are part of the healing process – if you do pick them you may cause scar tissue.
• For the next 1 to 2 days ensure the treated areas are clean and minimise heat or friction on the area.
• To avoid any cross infection the area should not be touched with fingers for a minimum of 48 hours.
• For the same reason do not use public pools, saunas or take hot showers or spas.
• Do not sunbathe or use sunbeds or tanning processes for two days as these will affect sensitivity of the skin.
• Exercise such as gym work and sport should not be undertaken for one to two days.
• Do not apply any products such as lotions, deodorants, powders, body sprays etc. to the treated areas for 24 hours, unless they have been recommended by your treatment provider, as they are likely to cause irritation.
Small bumps, soreness and redness are all temporary reactions to the treatment and are perfectly normal especially after an initial appointment. These reactions should disappear over the following one to two days but if they do not please contact your therapist for advice.